How do I setup my Wi-Fi and App?
There’s nothing better than having control over your connected home, except perhaps from being able to do it from the palm of your hand. That’s why the app features everything you need to manage your home or small business Wi-Fi connectivity experience.
Best of all, you can install it yourself and be up and running in just a few minutes. Shall we begin?
Step by Step Instructions:
1. With your system connected, you can get started with the app by simply downloading it from either the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. Just search for CommandIQ.
2. Once downloaded, open the app on your mobile devise and tap “Let’s Get Started” near the bottom of your screen.
3. Next, you’ll need to “Sign Up”. Tape the Sign Up lonk at the bottom to begin.
4. Next, you’ll need to fill out the registration form with your personal information. When creating your password, remember, you’ll want to choose a strong password that is unique yet one you can recall easily.
5. Now, plug your new system into a power outlet. It will take several minutes for the unit to be ready with a solid blue light.
6. Once the system is powered on and ready to go, scan the QR Code on the bottom or side panel of your system. As an alternative, you can enter the “MAC” Address and Serial Number of the plate in that location. The scan will begin and take 15-20 seconds to complete.
7. You may be asked to confirm your account number. You can find this on your statement or activation work order you were provided upon installation.
8. If you are setting up Wi-Fi with this system for the first time, you will need to name your network and create your Wi-Fi password.
How do I change my network name and password?
Securing your Wi-Fi provides peace of mind in keeping others from using your network. It’s best not to leave the SSID, better known as the name for your Wi-Fi network, or password with the default settings. More importantly your password should be something that is not easy to guess such as “password”.
Step by Step Instructions Using your CommandIQ app:
1. From the Networks screen, tap into your home Wi-Fi network.
2. In the upper right-hand corner, tap into Edit.
3. To rename your Wi-Fi network, set the security for your network, or reset your Wi-Fi password, simply tap the prompts offered to make changes.
4. When you’re done, tap Save.
5. In just a few moments, you will see the new SSID show up and then you
can connect your devices to it. All your connected devices will need to be reconnected with this new information.
How do I connect a wired device to my network?
Connect a wired device via Ethernet cable
Step by Step Instructions:
1. Have an Ethernet cable available.
2. Plug your device into a power outlet.
3. Plug your Ethernet cable into the back of your system into the LAN port.
** If you have more than 1 wired device to connect, you can get a Gigabit switch with multiple ports and connect it into the LAN port to then plug your Ethernet device cables into the switch.